1. Echo yourself (example: How are you today..day..ay..ay.. )
3. Sing annoying songs
4. Talk about something in great detail to someone who has no clue what the hell you’re talking about
5. Laugh like a maniac for no particular reason
6. Yell to a friend across the theater in the middle of a movie
7. Scream in someone’s ear.
8. Talk about something disgusting
9. Talk in gibberish
10. Alktay inay igpay atinlay
11. Orop inop opop-topalopkop (Or in op-talk)
12. Tell REALLY bad puns
13. Jump from topic to topic with no warning
14. Talk loudly to a friend in front of members of the opposite sex, using the word “sex” often(only works with young teenagers)
15. Talk in rhyme. Don’t stop when asked to
16. Sing WAY off key
17. Hold up a gerbil/mouse, talk in a squeaky voice and pretend that you are the gerbil/mouse
18. Talk about something blasphemous to very religious people …or vice versa
19. Make a face. Hold it that way. People tell you to shut up even though you said nothing
20. Stare at someone for a long time without responding to “Got a staring problem” etc. Once again, even though you said nothing, people will say “shut up” because you are disturbing them into confusion. (YESSSSS!:)
“There are… things which a man is afraid to tell even to himself, and every decent man has a number of such things stored away in his mind.”—Fyodor Dostoyevsky, “Notes from the Underground,” 1864 (one of my favorites)
“It is good to feel lost… because it proves you have a navigational sense of where “Home” is. You know that a place that feels like being found exists. And maybe your current location isn’t that place but, Hallelujah, that unsettled, uneasy feeling of lost-ness just brought you closer to it.”—Erika Harris
“Often people attempt to live their lives backwards; they try to have more things, or more money, in order to do more of what they want, so they will be happier. The way it actually works is the reverse. You must first be who you really are, then do what you need to do, in order to have what you want.”—Margaret Young
We think everyone thinks we need to be superhuman. Superhuman rich, superhuman beautiful, superhuman cool. Pinnacles, peaks, and zeniths, these are our only points of reference, and so we all feel so small.
It is hard sometimes for me to think that the world, with all its wonders, would think we are wonderful. But I believe the Earth is vast, and there is room.
"I am just more than an ordinary face in the crowd."
“You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move the fuck on.”—Tupac Shakur
“There are three possible parts to a date, of which at least two must be offered: entertainment, food, and affection. It is customary to begin a series of dates with a great deal of entertainment, a moderate amount of food, and the merest suggestion of affection. As the amount of affection increases, the entertainment can be reduced proportionately. When the affection is the entertainment, we no longer call it dating. Under no circumstances can the food be omitted.”—Miss Manners’ Guide to Excruciatingly Correct Behaviour
When it comes to doing pretty much anything in life, you’ll find that there are three types of people; the quitters or “dropouts”, the amateurs or “normies”, and the experts or “badasses.” If you are the type of person that tries something and finds that it is too hard, this article is for you. If you are the person that is pretty decent at many of the things you do, but you’re rarely the best at anything, this article is for you. If you are billy badass, but you can’t pass calculus, this article is for you. If you can read, this article is for you.
Sooner or later we all come to the realization that most people view life as a competition. You’ve all heard the saying “it’s a dog eat dog world.” Maybe you agree, maybe not. But either way, you wanna stack up. We all have it in us to want to strive right? To be the best that we can be? Well it takes more than big biceps, a bitchy attitude, a motorcycle, and cool sunglasses to be a badass (although all of those are important). I’m going to show you how.
First of all there is a few things you must understand about the Badass. Being a Badass isn’t a tough guy act, it isn’t an attitude that disappears at the end of the day. Badasses are Badasses all the time, they don’t take breaks and they don’t rest. Also understand that to be a Badass is to be in control of yourself all the time, whether someone just smashed a bottle on your head or you walked into class to a test you forgot to study for.
::Steps Toward Becoming a Badass::
1) The first step to becoming a badass is to forget about societies rules and conventions. I’m not talking about breaking laws or cheating here, but rather don’t worry about what is “normal.” If your intent is to be the best that you can be, some of societies rules are only going to hold you back. Break a couple of rules.
2) Be honest all the time. A Badass doesn’t have to lie because he doesn’t have to. After a while people will come to like your honesty, and some will want to talk to you even if what you have to say hurts. They will respect your honesty.
3) Speak your mind anytime it is necessary. Don’t wait to be asked, don’t worry about what people will think. If something needs to be said, it’s always the badass who says it.
4) Speak with confidence and power. If you aren’t sure of yourself, nobody will be. Also use strong vocabulary. Words like “cool” are so weak and used by the mediocre. It’s time to step it up. Adapt war metaphors and powerful vocabulary to show strength.
5) Be mysterious. The more people know about you the more normal you are. Never talk just to talk, and never share just to share. A badass always has a sense of unknown to him/herself.
6) Always look to improve. No matter what you do, there is always someone and someway to do it better. Find this person or way and master it. Then find a better way and master it. Always adapt, always be ready to move, to improve. Never, EVER quit because it’s too hard, and never be content with where you are. Always strive for better.
7) Have a Badass look. You’ll never be a badass in your polo shirt, your cardigan, and khakis. Find a way to Badass it up, and wear it with confidence. Find your inner macho man/bad bitch and exploit it. Note: Cool sunglasses, watch, and a 5 o’clock shadow/chic shades, eyeliner, and Hollywood hair never hurt.
7) Assess yourself physically. While a badass might not be a body builder, he/she is always ready for any situation. This means he/she is physically fit, he/she can shoot a gun, ride a motorcycle, drive a stick, start a fire, survive in almost any condition, can hold his own in a fight, and is intimidating even to his superiors. If you can’t run a mile or lift 100 lbs, you have a long way to go.
8) Have a soft heart for the weak. A badass always, and I mean always, sticks up for the underdog, which includes old ladies, kids, the underdog team, puppies, etc. This means that if the little guy is about to get pummeled by some big dude, you have to step in, even if the big guy looks like he can disfigure your face. This is your responsibility as a badass.
9) Get Badass hobbies. That’s right, more than one, and all super badass. For example, I ride a motorcycle, workout every day, play guitar like a rockstar, make badass movies, and can photoshop any of your pics to make you look like a badass too.
10) Be ready for anything. This one may not be for the weak of heart. If someone is dying, a badass knows what to do. Most badasses carry a knife. Not something that looks like it’s made to kill people, but something that can be used as a tool (not a leatherman, but a cool looking pocket knife). You gotta be handy with the steel.
11) Walk with a swagger. A badass’s walk says so much about who he is. It shows strength, intimidation, coolness, and a little something that says, “I don’t care what you think about me, and that’s how I know you want me.” Get in front of the mirror and don’t leave until you can see that in yourself.
12) Say what you mean, and mean what you say. No idle talk, and no confusion. A Badass means everything he/she says, and says only important things.
13) Have a mean stare. A Badass knows the importance of a steel gaze; it can save them from many situations from an argument with a lady friend/boyfriend to a fight with a big dude. This is also congruent with the Badass’s stance. Never lean against things, or slouch. Badass’s look ready and aware at all times. Cross your arms whenever you can.
14) Never order anything with whipped cream. Badasses don’t have time or patience for that whipped womanizing fluff. Don’t even dare touch it…hahaha.
15) Master a war cry. This is serious business. You should have a war cry that strikes fear into the heart of your enemies. Practice a scream until it scares you enough to wet your own pants. In fact, if you do wet your pants, you’ll know it’s good.
16) Do things without looking. From passing something to a friend to locking your car with a remote, doing things without looking is so Badass. Practice throwing things at a target without looking so you don’t hit someone in the face.
17) Always be nice, until it’s time to be mean. A badass isn’t a jerk. Have some manners, and be nice to people until you have to be mean. But when that time comes, hold nothing back until it’s time to be nice again.
18) Guard your time. A badass protects his time like a father protects his daughter. Spend your time doing only things that are important to you, and if something isn’t, terminate this quickly. This will ensure that you are developing or exercising your badassness all of the time.
20) Forget the Haters. Every badass knows that haters are gonna hate, every day, all the time. Do yourself a favor and forget the haters before they come. A Badass is a hater’s main target, so be aware.
“"I love you without knowing how, or when, or from where. I love you simply, without problems or pride: I love you in this way because I do not know any other way of loving but this, in which there is no I or you, so intimate that your hand upon my chest is my hand, so intimate that when I fall asleep your eyes close." - Pablo Neruda”—
These shivers in this cold protect me from the harms of the world. Shivers who would think shivers will protect you from the harms of this cruel world. Like covers at night, shivers are reactions to the outside world, to the attacks of coldness the body experiences. Shivering, shivers inform me that I am a human, that I exist, that I am here.
At that moment, I did not want to be cold, but my soul did not have any other choice. Accepting it was the only option at that particular point in time. I embraced the touch of the cold, I tasted it’s tastebuds, I accepted it into my life, what is cold I thought? Why does my body have to react to it and why is it reacting? Do soul and cold make friends, are they friends?
So many questions to these happenings, there is no correct answer. There are infinite amounts of possibilities all around, interpretations and distinct definitions. The shivers on my skin surpassed deeper inside of me, like a chemical reaction to the cause.
That is beauty, a beauty that each and every single one of us possess within us, whether we realize it or not.
I don’t even know how to feel at the moment, so much going on in my brain. Some things just don’t go as planned and as much as I would love it to, it’s just the way it is. I cannot be upset about what is, the last thing I do is lie to myself. These weird tingles I am feeling are itchifying at the root of my insides, all over (o:
The itches I can’t scratch, it intensifies my discomfort. Some amazing things happened today, some awkward things, and some not so happy things - perfect balance huh? I am what you can say some sort of light that just knows things - things that aren’t right and things that just are. I’m good with those, you just know things that you cannot explain or begin to profess in words like right now for instance. I’m nowhere close to how I am feeling right now, I’ll have to get into descriptive details, I’m not a fan of feelings yet I am. Even i surprise myself with the irony chemicals, that’s what fuckin’ itches
Vowing myself right this instant to write an entry as much as possible. Not to write every single detail of my life, but to write things that come from the heart and writings where does around me can relate. We all can relate to one another, more than we remind ourselves, after we are all human and we do all feel the same things. And this is one of the reasons of why I love acting because I can really be and feel in someone else’s shoes. Empathy is part of me either way, this just pushes it to the limit.
Today was a beautiful day. Hey, the rain doesn’t have to be so awful now does it? I’m just happy to be alive and inhaling and exhaling another day. Wit goes a long way my friends, remain positive and don’t forget to smile. Yes? YES
At times, I sit here not knowing what to write, yet there are so many things that I have to write about, so many things that are "bothering" me deep inside. So much I have to say to the world, why doesn’t it come out? I speak to the mirror, to my reflwction, a self-therapy, somehow reaching my inner self - at times it seems like two different people, the inside and out. They are different when you think of it, one is deep and one is shallow, well generally speaking because this applies to everyone. I’m just typing away, typing away whatever is on my mind. I’m “thinking out loud”, yet I’m actually quiet at the moment. My mind on the the other hand is never quiet, that thing doesn’t stop driving. My back is aching while sitting on this comfortable chair, oddly enough I’m uncomfortable on this comfortable chair.
I jogged today.
My first time really jogging in a long time, I never really pushed myself to the limit to jog to my utmost hierarchy. I felt like I couldn’t breathe properly. I inhale through my nose and exhale out of my mouth ( I googled that a while ago, nobody really knows how to breathe right btw, lol). I almost fainted as I got to my friend’s house, I saw stars, literally saw stars. It was as if someone or something came over from the bottom pit of my insides. It was a terrible yet rejuvenating feeling, my eyes and face felt like they were being succumbed left and right, up and down, NORTH SOUTH EAST WEST. A part of me died today and came back, it seemed to me as if the universe is preparing me for the inner reconstruction of me. I cried, I was afraid, I feel healed now.
I’m finally healed. GOD knows I needed that. The way my life is and has been, the way I see life has gotten the past me.